Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Recovery: Part 3 (Climbing the Walls)

I think I'm losing my mind. I know, I know, rest is important - CRUCIAL - to a speedy recovery but I am bored to tears. Remember the resentment that I had built towards PopTarts? This is how I feel now about frozen peas, daytime television, the stationary bike and painfully unknowledgeable REI employees. I am doing my time, icing the foot but all I can think about is how desperately I want to be back. I even tried to research the type of Buddhism that Wim Hof does to make his body tolerate the cold. Unfortunately it can't be learned in a week so I gave it up almost instantly.

I want to run. I want to jump. I want to sling my pack onto my back and tackle a mountain. I desperately want to see my hiking family and laugh with them around a campfire. So I suppose, if it means I get to do all this, I will keep icing and cleaning. This house will be spotless by the time I'm back on the trail.

No comments:

Post a Comment