Sunday, May 5, 2013

Recovery: Part 2 (Glamping)

The first few days home has been a doozy. My foot still (frustratingly) is keeping me from walking without a hitch despite my constant attention to taking it easy. My relationship is, at least for the time being, suspended. My Napa friends have all been thrilled by my return while my AT family continues their constant press up the trail leaving me further and further behind with each passing day. If I wasn't currently in my tent, snuggled in my sleeping bag, writing this post by headlamp light I might be in worse shape. Thank god for the comfort of this bag and my recently dust-busted tent.

Outside the smoldering embers of the party continue to color the night but I called it a night to go back and ice my foot. After all, that is what I'm back for, isn't it?







No comments:

Post a Comment